Thanksgiving is a holiday for gathering family and friends – and what better place to enjoy one another than the beach. Destin, Florida has become very popular for extended families to celebrate the Thanksgiving break. Moderate temperatures still allow many outdoor activities and there are fewer crowds (and traffic) than summertime months. Although the Panhandle definitely has cool nights during the winter, Fall is usually spared the harsh cold temps permitting lots of outdoor time.
Xtreme H2O Sports is a family-owned and operated Watersports business open year-round in Destin. We offer Pontoon Boat and Jet Ski Rentals and Parasailing and Dolphin Tours. Our crew has made a list of our favorite things to do in Destin during November:
- The Beach – It doesn’t matter what time of day or what time of the year, the beach is always our favorite thing about Destin! Expect cooler sunrises and earlier sunsets but they are especially colorful this time of year. Autumn sunsets are famous for photoshoots over the beach, be sure to take lots of pics!
- Parasailing – There is no better way to see the coastline than to get a bird’s eye view of the beach parasailing. Xtreme H2O offers parasailing for ages 6 and up, it’s fun and safe for the whole family. And, since you take off and land directly on the boat you do not have to get wet. Don’t forget your camera to capture it all! Click here for more info.
- Beach Bonfire – The coast gets a little cool in the evenings but perfect for a beach bonfire. Every Monday and Friday night Royal Palm Grille hosts a free bonfire with “first come, first serve” seating, click here for more info.
- Hiking – Walking the beach is everyone’s favorite “hike” along the coast however there are many trails that are in the area worth noting! Click here for more info.
- Boat Tour – Rent a Pontoon Boat or charter one of Destin’s cruises to explore the Destin Harbor, sightsee beautiful waterfront homes and yachts, stop for a waterfront cocktail and check out here for more info.
- Crab Island. Also, consider renting a Jet Ski and guided tours for a truly exciting Destin experience! Click here for more info.
- Shopping – Destin has a lot of great shopping malls, including Destin Commons, Silver Sands and Grand Boulevard. But, don’t miss out on the incredible local, small businesses that align the beautiful Destin Harbor!
- Ice Skating – Enjoy ice skating at the beach with the family at The Village at Baytowne Wharf on Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort! (OPEN THANKSGIVING) Click here for more info.
Thanksgiving is a gathering celebrated by food! Here is a list of Destin area restaurants that will be open on Thanksgiving Day 2021. We have included Thanksgiving buffets as well as casual and formal Thanksgiving dining options – just click the Restaurant link to contact.
Destin Area Restaurants Open Thanksgiving Day 2021:
- Harbor Docks
- Marina Cafe
- The Henderson Resort
- Beachwalk Cafe
- Chippers BBQ
- The Crab Trap
- 790 Coastal
- Vintij Food & Wine
- Solaris Dinner Cruise
- Surf Hut
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
We hope you have a wonderful, safe and Happy Thanksgiving in Destin!