Destin, Florida is a beautiful peninsula in Northwest Florida surrounded by the Destin Harbor, Gulf of Mexico, Choctawhatchee Bay and several bayous and canals. And no trip to Destin is complete without exploring via waterways!
Xtreme H2O Sports has several locations in Destin offering Jet Ski rentals as well as a Jet Ski guided Dolphin Tour. Open year-round, Xtreme H2O is your “go to” for all things fun on the water. Our location on Calhoun Avenue at Destin Marina (next to the original Dewey Destin Seafood Restaurant) is our premiere Jet Ski spot as it’s closest to the no-wake zone past Crab Island. This is ideal as most rentals come out of the Destin Harbor making your idle time up to 30 minutes! We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions regarding renting Jet Skis for you to consider on your next trip to Destin.
Jet Ski Rentals F.A.Q.
- Jet Skis are fun and safe for ages 5 and up.
- We require lifejackets for the duration of your Jet Ski rental (they are included in your rental fee).
- Our Jet Skis technically have 3 seats but they will not accommodate three adults.
- The maximum weight capacity (combined weight) is 400 pounds.
- Minimum age to rent a Jet Ski is 18 years.
- There is a dry compartment on the front of the Jet Ski for your phone and limited belongings.
- Minimum age to operate a Jet Ski is 16 years. Minors will need parent/ guardian signed waiver and equipment will need to be rented by an adult for the minor to operate (adult will be financially responsible during the rental).
- A government issued photo identification card is required to rent a Jet Ski in Florida.
- The State of Florida requires anyone born after January 1, 1988 to complete, and pass, a boaters safety course.
- Xtreme H2O Sports does not permit our Jet Ski rentals to enter the Gulf of Mexico, unless it is with our Dolphin Tour.
- Jet Skis do not include anchors, so they are not permitted at Crab Island.
The state of Florida and the Florida Wildlife Commission requires everyone born after January 1, 1988 to complete and pass the Florida boater’s safety course to operate any watercraft in the state. All operators required to have the boater license may opt for either the lifetime or temporary Florida Boater License. Please go to our website to take the test online before your rental reservation. We recommend the online test, however Xtreme H2O Sports does offer the temporary boater license test on site – but be sure to allow up to an hour for thorough study and testing time. Unfortunately, customers that fail the written temporary boaters safety course are unable to retest for 24 hours, by law. The online test does not have any limitations for numbers of times you can take the test. Click here for the test.
Xtreme H2O Sports offers a daily Dolphin Tour via Jet Skis guided by our crew. Scheduled every morning (weather permitting) for an hour and a half. The first hour is with our crew member guiding the group of wave runners to explore the bay, Destin Harbor, bayous and sometimes the Gulf of Mexico to discover dolphins and other sea-life. This excursion is perfect for the beginner jet ski rider or advanced rider and the last 30 minutes of the activity is “free ride” for everyone to go off on their own!
Jet Ski rentals are available with Xtreme H2O Sports year-round staring at 30 minute duration to an all day rental. Please give us a call at (850) 978-3060 or check out our website for more information.
Parasailing is one of the most popular activities for tourists and locals in Destin, Florida. Fun and safe for the family and a perfect way to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, etc. Similar to Helicopter and Airplane rides, parasailing is an awesome activity to get a bird’s eye view of the coast! Xtreme H2O Sports and Destin Parasailing are rated #1 in Northwest Florida for the safest and most fun parasailing. Our experienced parasail Captains and crew have perfect record for safety with the best equipment available. We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions below and hope this helps make the decision to fly with Xtreme H2O Sports soon.
FAQ about Parasailing
Parasailing is a multi-passenger ticketed activity. Please give us a call at (850) 978-3060 or make reservations online. Parasailing is very popular and we do book up, we recommend making reservations before you are in town so you have the best time for your group. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy to allow you to change plans if needed before the reservation. Please click here for more information on Parasailing in Destin, Florida. Hope to see you soon!
It’s Back to School time for the kids and playtime for the adults! Most lodging accommodations companies and hotels have lower rates as families are unable to travel. Making it the perfect time for adult travel. Plan that girls trip, wedding celebration getaway or romantic weekend for two. Whether it’s a long weekend at the beach or a week-long vacation; autumn is an excellent time to travel to Destin, Florida.
Fall is perfect for that Bachelorette/ Bachelor Party Weekend or an adults-only couples trip as the weather is still great for the beach and rates are less expensive for boat rentals and other activities to enjoy. We’ve compiled some great ideas to celebrate Destin as adults this Fall:
- Rent a pontoon boat to explore Destin by water. Explore the Destin Harbor, hang out at Crab Island and enjoy lunch on the water. Our favorites to visit are Dewey Destin on the Bay (next to Destin Marina and Xtreme H2O’s Crab Island location) where you can dock your boat while dining. The Gulf on Okaloosa Island is also a great waterfront restaurant with a beach to pull up your boat while having some drinks and snacks.
- Check Parasailing off your bucket list! Get a bird’s eye view of the coast, hundreds of feet in the air flying over the beach. Parasailing is fun and safe for all ages and the experience will make memories to last a lifetime. Perfect for celebrating proposals, birthdays or just life- yolo! Oftentimes parasailing you see dolphins, sea turtles, baby sharks and more.
- September – November delivers the most spectacular sunsets daily over the water in Destin. Schedule professional beach portraits or bring a tripod and take some shots yourself!
- The Destin Fishing Rodeo spans the entire month of October along the docks of the Destin Harbor. 2021 marks the 73rd year for the annual fishing tournament. Book a fishing charter with Xtreme Fishing Charters to enter the tournament yourself and find out why Destin is coined the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village”! If you’re not really into fishing, join the festivities as a spectator at the weigh-ins daily on the docks.
- Destin offers a lot of great events during Fall in the local area, here is a list of several popular happenings coming up:
- Emerald Coast Powerboat Week and Poker Run – September 22-26th. Annual boating event hosted by Florida Powerboat Club along the coast from Destin to Pensacola with waterfront stops along the way. Join the festivities as a registered boat or as a spectator at many of the weeklong events!
- 73rd Annual Destin Fishing Rodeo – October 1-31st Join the tournament as an angler or watch the daily events on the docks when the fish come in to weigh.
- 13th Annual Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival – October 8-9th Taste over 200 domestic and international craft beers at the Village at Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. Click here for tickets
- 33rd Annual ArtsQuest Arts Festival – October 9th Hosted by the Cultural Art’s Alliance of Walton County bringing over 200 artists, music and catering to Grand Boulevard every Fall along the coast.
- 26th Annual Festival of the Arts – October 30-31st presented by Mattie Kelly Art’s Foundation. The Festival of the Arts, one of the Southeast’s premier art festivals showcases over 65 premier artists plus collaborative artists from the United States and Europe.
- 5th Annual Harvest Wine and Food Festival – November 4-7th organized by the Destin Charity Wine Auction in Watercolor, along the beaches of 30A in South Walton County, just East of Destin.
Make plans to visit Destin this Fall and see why the locals say it’s the best time of the year! Xtreme H2O Sports offers watersports all fall and hopes to see you for some fun on the water, in the sun.
Xtreme H2o Parasail, Dolphin Tour via Waverunners, Jet Ski and Pontoon Boat Rentals of Destin, Florida, recommends that you bring:
- Your photo ID
- Sun Screen
- Water-proof camera
- Flippers, diving mask, and goggles
- Toys, floats, and water wings
for the youngsters
- Your open mind, joyful spirit,
and adventurous heart
Florida law requires the driver of the Jet Ski / Waverunner to be 16 years of age. If you were born on or after January 1, 1988, you must have a valid state or government issued photo ID and a Florida Boaters License or complete a boater’s safety education test. We offer the 25-question multiple choice test for a fee of $3.00. You MUST present a valid I.D. with your birth date in order to take the test. Click here to take the online test now.
Xtreme H2O Watersport’s Parasailing, Dolphin Tour via Waverunners, Jet Ski and Pontoon Boat Rentals promise a memorable, once in a lifetime experience that you will be telling your grandchildren about. Your safety is our first concern. We want you to have a big fun time, but we take our responsibility of your safety very seriously. We only ask that you do the same.
To learn more, check pricing and availability and make your reservation online at www.XtremeH2O.net.