Welcome to Destin, Florida! Spring Break is a popular time for both families and college students traveling to Northwest Florida’s beaches. Milder winter/ spring temperatures and a short drive to destination makes it a perfect fit. Xtreme H2O Sports is a locally owned and family run business with several locations offering all watersports activities. We are excited to see you guys this year and have compiled a list of our favorite things for you to check out while here on vacation:
- Beach – It’s obvious, yes…but it’s still the #1 reason to visit the Emerald Coast. Northwest Florida’s beaches are famous for the white, snow-like sand and beautiful teal-blue waters. Enjoy a beach picnic and spend the day but remember to pack your sunscreen, umbrellas and bottled water! Henderson Beach State Park is a beautiful private beach in Destin with restrooms and shaded pavilions that is a great spot for locals and tourists alike to enjoy year-round.
- Crab Island – the most popular searched keywords in regards to Destin, Florida is definitely “crab island”. See what the buzz is all about and visit with your family this Spring Break. Rent a pontoon boat, pack a cooler, towels, snorkeling gear and floats and have a great time. Pontoon Boats fit up to 12 passengers and are perfect for all ages (0-100)! Click here to check boat rental pricing and availability.
- Seafood – No trip to the beach is complete without enjoying the local seafood available. Sexton’s Seafood Market is great to purchase and prepare yourself, or try out one of the awesome fishing charters to catch your own! Destin, Florida is packed with popular restaurants to enjoy but here is a list of our favorites:
- Dolphin Tour – Explore Destin and local sea life on a Jet Ski guided Dolphin Tour. This is the only experience that allows an up-close and personal encounter with dolphins. Perfect for the beginner Jet Ski rider as you are with a tour guide. But, also great for the experienced rider and an awesome price as the excursion includes “free ride” for you to ride on your own! Click here to check live pricing and availability.
- Shopping – Destin Harbor is a festive marketplace that is awesome to stroll and buy souvenirs and things you will want for your beach vacation. Check out Harborwalk Village boutiques and walk East down the harbor to see lots of local artist booths, t-shirt shops and more! Also, be sure to visit the Destin Commons for larger stores and brands.
- Parasailing – Get a bird’s eye view of the coast parasailing Destin, Florida. Parasailing is fun and safe for ages 6 and up and a memory that you will never forget- spectators are permitted to ride along on the boat ages 3 and up with a reservation! Cross parasailing off your bucket list this Spring Break and be sure to get the photo package for awesome souvenirs and proof you went! Click here to check live pricing and availability.
- Sunsets – The sunsets truly never get old in Destin, Florida. Be sure to either join a sunset cruise or walk the docks, beach or bay to capture your own sunset memories!
- Amusement Park – Bring the family for an afternoon of rides, go-kart racing and game playing. The Track offers it all and is centrally located in Destin.
- Jet Ski Rentals – There is no better way to SEA Destin, Florida than by water. Jet Skis are an inexpensive and exhilarating way to explore the Destin Harbor, ride open and fast through the bay to see beautiful waterfront homes, visit undeveloped shorelines and more. Fun and safe for 5 years and older and the best family memories to last a lifetime. Click here to check live pricing and availability.
- Fishing – Destin, Florida is known as the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village ” with the widest variety of fish species, direct access to the Gulf of Mexico and the largest commercial fishing fleet in the United States. Try out your luck with a private charter or book spots with a party-boat for a great day on the water.
Give us a call to help plan your Spring Break vacation to Destin, Florida. We are your one-stop for all your watersports fun in Destin and Fort Walton Beach, Florida. We hope to SEA you soon!