Parasailing is one of the most popular activities for tourists and locals in Destin, Florida. Fun and safe for the family and a perfect way to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, etc. Similar to Helicopter and Airplane rides, parasailing is an awesome activity to get a bird’s eye view of the coast! Xtreme H2O Sports and Destin Parasailing are rated #1 in Northwest Florida for the safest and most fun parasailing. Our experienced parasail Captains and crew have perfect record for safety with the best equipment available. We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions below and hope this helps make the decision to fly with Xtreme H2O Sports soon.
FAQ about Parasailing
- How old do you have to be to parasail in Destin? Xtreme H2O Sports welcomes ages 6 years and up to parasail with us. We also allow spectator tickets (when available) for ages 3 and over. This is an insurance and safety regulation that we must follow.
Is Parasailing Scary? Often people assume that parasailing is a thrill-seeker’s activity. However, parasailing is very serene and calming and simply beautiful. Most customers that are apprehensive before parasailing return after the excursion smiling and wanting to go again!
- Do you land in the water when parasailing? Parasailing with Xtreme H2O Sports you take off and land directly on the stern (back) of the boat. The crew will ask if you want to be dipped in the water.
What is the max weight for parasailing? Xtreme H2O parasails 2-3 people per flight with a combined maximum weight limit of 500 pounds.
- What is the best time to go parasailing? Early morning is the best time to parasail in Destin, Florida. There is typically less wind in the mornings along the coast, less boat traffic, more sea-life to spot and much better visibility. At Xtreme H2O Sports, the early parasailing trips are discounted as well!
- How high is the average parasailing? Xtreme H2O Sports parasails an estimated 400 feet above waters.
- Can you parasail pregnant? Insurance and safety regulations prohibit pregnant women from parasailing.
- What should I bring parasailing? There is a small stow area under the seats for customers to store personal belongings. If its cooler, bring along a light jacket/ cover up for the boat ride and wind. Remember sunscreen and bring along a bottle water and towel. You are allowed to bring along your phone/ camera however all personal possessions brought on the boat will remain the responsibility of the customer. Sunglasses and hats are up to you but be aware that often times they will fall off without proper straps, securing.
- Is parasailing safe for non-swimmers? Parasailing is one of the few water sports activities that is safe if you are a non-swimmer. Because you are on a licensed, inspected vessel with Captain and crew at all times while on-board it is very safe. For the actual parasail flight all customers are in a fitted life jacket and the parasail chute is always attached to the boat.
- How long are you in the air when parasailing? The flight time can vary dependent on weather and wind variables. On average, most parasailing flights are between 8-10 minutes.
- What should you wear parasailing? Xtreme H2O offers parasailing year-round so apparel depends on the weather. That said, if you are parasailing during our Spring/ Summer dress comfortably. Most customers wear bathing suits, shorts, etc. and sandals to stow after boarding the boat.
Parasailing is a multi-passenger ticketed activity. Please give us a call at (850) 978-3060 or make reservations online. Parasailing is very popular and we do book up, we recommend making reservations before you are in town so you have the best time for your group. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy to allow you to change plans if needed before the reservation. Please click here for more information on Parasailing in Destin, Florida. Hope to see you soon!