Destin, Florida is a beautiful peninsula in Northwest Florida surrounded by the Destin Harbor, Gulf of Mexico, Choctawhatchee Bay and several bayous and canals. And no trip to Destin is complete without exploring via waterways!
Xtreme H2O Sports has several locations in Destin offering Jet Ski rentals as well as a Jet Ski guided Dolphin Tour. Open year-round, Xtreme H2O is your “go to” for all things fun on the water. Our location on Calhoun Avenue at Destin Marina (next to the original Dewey Destin Seafood Restaurant) is our premiere Jet Ski spot as it’s closest to the no-wake zone past Crab Island. This is ideal as most rentals come out of the Destin Harbor making your idle time up to 30 minutes! We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions regarding renting Jet Skis for you to consider on your next trip to Destin.
Jet Ski Rentals F.A.Q.
- Jet Skis are fun and safe for ages 5 and up.
- We require lifejackets for the duration of your Jet Ski rental (they are included in your rental fee).
- Our Jet Skis technically have 3 seats but they will not accommodate three adults.
- The maximum weight capacity (combined weight) is 400 pounds.
- Minimum age to rent a Jet Ski is 18 years.
- There is a dry compartment on the front of the Jet Ski for your phone and limited belongings.
- Minimum age to operate a Jet Ski is 16 years. Minors will need parent/ guardian signed waiver and equipment will need to be rented by an adult for the minor to operate (adult will be financially responsible during the rental).
- A government issued photo identification card is required to rent a Jet Ski in Florida.
- The State of Florida requires anyone born after January 1, 1988 to complete, and pass, a boaters safety course.
- Xtreme H2O Sports does not permit our Jet Ski rentals to enter the Gulf of Mexico, unless it is with our Dolphin Tour.
- Jet Skis do not include anchors, so they are not permitted at Crab Island.
The state of Florida and the Florida Wildlife Commission requires everyone born after January 1, 1988 to complete and pass the Florida boater’s safety course to operate any watercraft in the state. All operators required to have the boater license may opt for either the lifetime or temporary Florida Boater License. Please go to our website to take the test online before your rental reservation. We recommend the online test, however Xtreme H2O Sports does offer the temporary boater license test on site – but be sure to allow up to an hour for thorough study and testing time. Unfortunately, customers that fail the written temporary boaters safety course are unable to retest for 24 hours, by law. The online test does not have any limitations for numbers of times you can take the test. Click here for the test.
Xtreme H2O Sports offers a daily Dolphin Tour via Jet Skis guided by our crew. Scheduled every morning (weather permitting) for an hour and a half. The first hour is with our crew member guiding the group of wave runners to explore the bay, Destin Harbor, bayous and sometimes the Gulf of Mexico to discover dolphins and other sea-life. This excursion is perfect for the beginner jet ski rider or advanced rider and the last 30 minutes of the activity is “free ride” for everyone to go off on their own!
Jet Ski rentals are available with Xtreme H2O Sports year-round staring at 30 minute duration to an all day rental. Please give us a call at (850) 978-3060 or check out our website for more information.
Welcome to Destin, Florida! Spring Break is a popular time for both families and college students traveling to Northwest Florida’s beaches. Milder winter/ spring temperatures and a short drive to destination makes it a perfect fit. Xtreme H2O Sports is a locally owned and family run business with several locations offering all watersports activities. We are excited to see you guys this year and have compiled a list of our favorite things for you to check out while here on vacation:
- Beach – It’s obvious, yes…but it’s still the #1 reason to visit the Emerald Coast. Northwest Florida’s beaches are famous for the white, snow-like sand and beautiful teal-blue waters. Enjoy a beach picnic and spend the day but remember to pack your sunscreen, umbrellas and bottled water! Henderson Beach State Park is a beautiful private beach in Destin with restrooms and shaded pavilions that is a great spot for locals and tourists alike to enjoy year-round.
- Crab Island – the most popular searched keywords in regards to Destin, Florida is definitely “crab island”. See what the buzz is all about and visit with your family this Spring Break. Rent a pontoon boat, pack a cooler, towels, snorkeling gear and floats and have a great time. Pontoon Boats fit up to 12 passengers and are perfect for all ages (0-100)! Click here to check boat rental pricing and availability.
- Seafood – No trip to the beach is complete without enjoying the local seafood available. Sexton’s Seafood Market is great to purchase and prepare yourself, or try out one of the awesome fishing charters to catch your own! Destin, Florida is packed with popular restaurants to enjoy but here is a list of our favorites:
- Dolphin Tour – Explore Destin and local sea life on a Jet Ski guided Dolphin Tour. This is the only experience that allows an up-close and personal encounter with dolphins. Perfect for the beginner Jet Ski rider as you are with a tour guide. But, also great for the experienced rider and an awesome price as the excursion includes “free ride” for you to ride on your own! Click here to check live pricing and availability.
- Shopping – Destin Harbor is a festive marketplace that is awesome to stroll and buy souvenirs and things you will want for your beach vacation. Check out Harborwalk Village boutiques and walk East down the harbor to see lots of local artist booths, t-shirt shops and more! Also, be sure to visit the Destin Commons for larger stores and brands.
- Parasailing – Get a bird’s eye view of the coast parasailing Destin, Florida. Parasailing is fun and safe for ages 6 and up and a memory that you will never forget- spectators are permitted to ride along on the boat ages 3 and up with a reservation! Cross parasailing off your bucket list this Spring Break and be sure to get the photo package for awesome souvenirs and proof you went! Click here to check live pricing and availability.
- Sunsets – The sunsets truly never get old in Destin, Florida. Be sure to either join a sunset cruise or walk the docks, beach or bay to capture your own sunset memories!
- Amusement Park – Bring the family for an afternoon of rides, go-kart racing and game playing. The Track offers it all and is centrally located in Destin.
- Jet Ski Rentals – There is no better way to SEA Destin, Florida than by water. Jet Skis are an inexpensive and exhilarating way to explore the Destin Harbor, ride open and fast through the bay to see beautiful waterfront homes, visit undeveloped shorelines and more. Fun and safe for 5 years and older and the best family memories to last a lifetime. Click here to check live pricing and availability.
- Fishing – Destin, Florida is known as the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village ” with the widest variety of fish species, direct access to the Gulf of Mexico and the largest commercial fishing fleet in the United States. Try out your luck with a private charter or book spots with a party-boat for a great day on the water.
Give us a call to help plan your Spring Break vacation to Destin, Florida. We are your one-stop for all your watersports fun in Destin and Fort Walton Beach, Florida. We hope to SEA you soon!
Thanksgiving is a holiday for gathering family and friends – and what better place to enjoy one another than the beach. Destin, Florida has become very popular for extended families to celebrate the Thanksgiving break. Moderate temperatures still allow many outdoor activities and there are fewer crowds (and traffic) than summertime months. Although the Panhandle definitely has cool nights during the winter, Fall is usually spared the harsh cold temps permitting lots of outdoor time.
Xtreme H2O Sports is a family-owned and operated Watersports business open year-round in Destin. We offer Pontoon Boat and Jet Ski Rentals and Parasailing and Dolphin Tours. Our crew has made a list of our favorite things to do in Destin during November:
- The Beach – It doesn’t matter what time of day or what time of the year, the beach is always our favorite thing about Destin! Expect cooler sunrises and earlier sunsets but they are especially colorful this time of year. Autumn sunsets are famous for photoshoots over the beach, be sure to take lots of pics!
- Parasailing – There is no better way to see the coastline than to get a bird’s eye view of the beach parasailing. Xtreme H2O offers parasailing for ages 6 and up, it’s fun and safe for the whole family. And, since you take off and land directly on the boat you do not have to get wet. Don’t forget your camera to capture it all! Click here for more info.
- Beach Bonfire – The coast gets a little cool in the evenings but perfect for a beach bonfire. Every Monday and Friday night Royal Palm Grille hosts a free bonfire with “first come, first serve” seating, click here for more info.
- Hiking – Walking the beach is everyone’s favorite “hike” along the coast however there are many trails that are in the area worth noting! Click here for more info.
- Boat Tour – Rent a Pontoon Boat or charter one of Destin’s cruises to explore the Destin Harbor, sightsee beautiful waterfront homes and yachts, stop for a waterfront cocktail and check out here for more info.
- Crab Island. Also, consider renting a Jet Ski and guided tours for a truly exciting Destin experience! Click here for more info.
- Shopping – Destin has a lot of great shopping malls, including Destin Commons, Silver Sands and Grand Boulevard. But, don’t miss out on the incredible local, small businesses that align the beautiful Destin Harbor!
- Ice Skating – Enjoy ice skating at the beach with the family at The Village at Baytowne Wharf on Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort! (OPEN THANKSGIVING) Click here for more info.
Thanksgiving is a gathering celebrated by food! Here is a list of Destin area restaurants that will be open on Thanksgiving Day 2021. We have included Thanksgiving buffets as well as casual and formal Thanksgiving dining options – just click the Restaurant link to contact.
Destin Area Restaurants Open Thanksgiving Day 2021:
We hope you have a wonderful, safe and Happy Thanksgiving in Destin!
Xtreme H2o Parasail, Dolphin Tour via Waverunners, Jet Ski and Pontoon Boat Rentals of Destin, Florida, recommends that you bring:
- Your photo ID
- Sun Screen
- Water-proof camera
- Flippers, diving mask, and goggles
- Toys, floats, and water wings
for the youngsters
- Your open mind, joyful spirit,
and adventurous heart
Florida law requires the driver of the Jet Ski / Waverunner to be 16 years of age. If you were born on or after January 1, 1988, you must have a valid state or government issued photo ID and a Florida Boaters License or complete a boater’s safety education test. We offer the 25-question multiple choice test for a fee of $3.00. You MUST present a valid I.D. with your birth date in order to take the test. Click here to take the online test now.
Xtreme H2O Watersport’s Parasailing, Dolphin Tour via Waverunners, Jet Ski and Pontoon Boat Rentals promise a memorable, once in a lifetime experience that you will be telling your grandchildren about. Your safety is our first concern. We want you to have a big fun time, but we take our responsibility of your safety very seriously. We only ask that you do the same.
To learn more, check pricing and availability and make your reservation online at www.XtremeH2O.net.
Who knows who you’ll run into when renting from Xtreme h2o Sports. Here’s a few pictures of Flavor Flav having some fun on an Xtreme h2o Jet Ski in Destin at Crab Island.
Head over to https://www.xtremeh2o.net to reserve a Jet Ski today. Also, come and hang out on the SkyScraper, our BRAND NEW parasail boat – https://www.xtremeh2o.net/parasail.html
Will you see dolphins parasailing? Well, take a look here. What you see is our docks at Xtreme h2o Sports. There are two dolphin tour boats and a couple boats looking at a pod of dolphins right in our front yard! To parasail in Destin with Xtreme h2o Sports or to book a dolphin tour via waverunner / jet ski visit Xtreme h2o.net or call us at 850-978-3060 today!
Have any dolphin pictures you captured while parasailing with us? Post them below!