Thanksgiving is a holiday for gathering family and friends – and what better place to enjoy one another than the beach. Destin, Florida has become very popular for extended families to celebrate the Thanksgiving break. Moderate temperatures still allow many outdoor activities and there are fewer crowds (and traffic) than summertime months. Although the Panhandle definitely has cool nights during the winter, Fall is usually spared the harsh cold temps permitting lots of outdoor time.
Xtreme H2O Sports is a family-owned and operated Watersports business open year-round in Destin. We offer Pontoon Boat and Jet Ski Rentals and Parasailing and Dolphin Tours. Our crew has made a list of our favorite things to do in Destin during November:
- The Beach – It doesn’t matter what time of day or what time of the year, the beach is always our favorite thing about Destin! Expect cooler sunrises and earlier sunsets but they are especially colorful this time of year. Autumn sunsets are famous for photoshoots over the beach, be sure to take lots of pics!
- Parasailing – There is no better way to see the coastline than to get a bird’s eye view of the beach parasailing. Xtreme H2O offers parasailing for ages 6 and up, it’s fun and safe for the whole family. And, since you take off and land directly on the boat you do not have to get wet. Don’t forget your camera to capture it all! Click here for more info.
- Beach Bonfire – The coast gets a little cool in the evenings but perfect for a beach bonfire. Every Monday and Friday night Royal Palm Grille hosts a free bonfire with “first come, first serve” seating, click here for more info.
- Hiking – Walking the beach is everyone’s favorite “hike” along the coast however there are many trails that are in the area worth noting! Click here for more info.
- Boat Tour – Rent a Pontoon Boat or charter one of Destin’s cruises to explore the Destin Harbor, sightsee beautiful waterfront homes and yachts, stop for a waterfront cocktail and check out here for more info.
- Crab Island. Also, consider renting a Jet Ski and guided tours for a truly exciting Destin experience! Click here for more info.
- Shopping – Destin has a lot of great shopping malls, including Destin Commons, Silver Sands and Grand Boulevard. But, don’t miss out on the incredible local, small businesses that align the beautiful Destin Harbor!
- Ice Skating – Enjoy ice skating at the beach with the family at The Village at Baytowne Wharf on Sandestin Golf & Beach Resort! (OPEN THANKSGIVING) Click here for more info.
Thanksgiving is a gathering celebrated by food! Here is a list of Destin area restaurants that will be open on Thanksgiving Day 2021. We have included Thanksgiving buffets as well as casual and formal Thanksgiving dining options – just click the Restaurant link to contact.
Destin Area Restaurants Open Thanksgiving Day 2021:
We hope you have a wonderful, safe and Happy Thanksgiving in Destin!
It’s Back to School time for the kids and playtime for the adults! Most lodging accommodations companies and hotels have lower rates as families are unable to travel. Making it the perfect time for adult travel. Plan that girls trip, wedding celebration getaway or romantic weekend for two. Whether it’s a long weekend at the beach or a week-long vacation; autumn is an excellent time to travel to Destin, Florida.
Fall is perfect for that Bachelorette/ Bachelor Party Weekend or an adults-only couples trip as the weather is still great for the beach and rates are less expensive for boat rentals and other activities to enjoy. We’ve compiled some great ideas to celebrate Destin as adults this Fall:
- Rent a pontoon boat to explore Destin by water. Explore the Destin Harbor, hang out at Crab Island and enjoy lunch on the water. Our favorites to visit are Dewey Destin on the Bay (next to Destin Marina and Xtreme H2O’s Crab Island location) where you can dock your boat while dining. The Gulf on Okaloosa Island is also a great waterfront restaurant with a beach to pull up your boat while having some drinks and snacks.
- Check Parasailing off your bucket list! Get a bird’s eye view of the coast, hundreds of feet in the air flying over the beach. Parasailing is fun and safe for all ages and the experience will make memories to last a lifetime. Perfect for celebrating proposals, birthdays or just life- yolo! Oftentimes parasailing you see dolphins, sea turtles, baby sharks and more.
- September – November delivers the most spectacular sunsets daily over the water in Destin. Schedule professional beach portraits or bring a tripod and take some shots yourself!
- The Destin Fishing Rodeo spans the entire month of October along the docks of the Destin Harbor. 2021 marks the 73rd year for the annual fishing tournament. Book a fishing charter with Xtreme Fishing Charters to enter the tournament yourself and find out why Destin is coined the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village”! If you’re not really into fishing, join the festivities as a spectator at the weigh-ins daily on the docks.
- Destin offers a lot of great events during Fall in the local area, here is a list of several popular happenings coming up:
- Emerald Coast Powerboat Week and Poker Run – September 22-26th. Annual boating event hosted by Florida Powerboat Club along the coast from Destin to Pensacola with waterfront stops along the way. Join the festivities as a registered boat or as a spectator at many of the weeklong events!
- 73rd Annual Destin Fishing Rodeo – October 1-31st Join the tournament as an angler or watch the daily events on the docks when the fish come in to weigh.
- 13th Annual Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival – October 8-9th Taste over 200 domestic and international craft beers at the Village at Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. Click here for tickets
- 33rd Annual ArtsQuest Arts Festival – October 9th Hosted by the Cultural Art’s Alliance of Walton County bringing over 200 artists, music and catering to Grand Boulevard every Fall along the coast.
- 26th Annual Festival of the Arts – October 30-31st presented by Mattie Kelly Art’s Foundation. The Festival of the Arts, one of the Southeast’s premier art festivals showcases over 65 premier artists plus collaborative artists from the United States and Europe.
- 5th Annual Harvest Wine and Food Festival – November 4-7th organized by the Destin Charity Wine Auction in Watercolor, along the beaches of 30A in South Walton County, just East of Destin.
Make plans to visit Destin this Fall and see why the locals say it’s the best time of the year! Xtreme H2O Sports offers watersports all fall and hopes to see you for some fun on the water, in the sun.