Destin, Florida is a beautiful peninsula in Northwest Florida surrounded by the Destin Harbor, Gulf of Mexico, Choctawhatchee Bay and several bayous and canals. And no trip to Destin is complete without exploring via waterways!
Xtreme H2O Sports has several locations in Destin offering Jet Ski rentals as well as a Jet Ski guided Dolphin Tour. Open year-round, Xtreme H2O is your “go to” for all things fun on the water. Our location on Calhoun Avenue at Destin Marina (next to the original Dewey Destin Seafood Restaurant) is our premiere Jet Ski spot as it’s closest to the no-wake zone past Crab Island. This is ideal as most rentals come out of the Destin Harbor making your idle time up to 30 minutes! We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions regarding renting Jet Skis for you to consider on your next trip to Destin.
Jet Ski Rentals F.A.Q.
- Jet Skis are fun and safe for ages 5 and up.
- We require lifejackets for the duration of your Jet Ski rental (they are included in your rental fee).
- Our Jet Skis technically have 3 seats but they will not accommodate three adults.
- The maximum weight capacity (combined weight) is 400 pounds.
- Minimum age to rent a Jet Ski is 18 years.
- There is a dry compartment on the front of the Jet Ski for your phone and limited belongings.
- Minimum age to operate a Jet Ski is 16 years. Minors will need parent/ guardian signed waiver and equipment will need to be rented by an adult for the minor to operate (adult will be financially responsible during the rental).
- A government issued photo identification card is required to rent a Jet Ski in Florida.
- The State of Florida requires anyone born after January 1, 1988 to complete, and pass, a boaters safety course.
- Xtreme H2O Sports does not permit our Jet Ski rentals to enter the Gulf of Mexico, unless it is with our Dolphin Tour.
- Jet Skis do not include anchors, so they are not permitted at Crab Island.
The state of Florida and the Florida Wildlife Commission requires everyone born after January 1, 1988 to complete and pass the Florida boater’s safety course to operate any watercraft in the state. All operators required to have the boater license may opt for either the lifetime or temporary Florida Boater License. Please go to our website to take the test online before your rental reservation. We recommend the online test, however Xtreme H2O Sports does offer the temporary boater license test on site – but be sure to allow up to an hour for thorough study and testing time. Unfortunately, customers that fail the written temporary boaters safety course are unable to retest for 24 hours, by law. The online test does not have any limitations for numbers of times you can take the test. Click here for the test.
Xtreme H2O Sports offers a daily Dolphin Tour via Jet Skis guided by our crew. Scheduled every morning (weather permitting) for an hour and a half. The first hour is with our crew member guiding the group of wave runners to explore the bay, Destin Harbor, bayous and sometimes the Gulf of Mexico to discover dolphins and other sea-life. This excursion is perfect for the beginner jet ski rider or advanced rider and the last 30 minutes of the activity is “free ride” for everyone to go off on their own!
Jet Ski rentals are available with Xtreme H2O Sports year-round staring at 30 minute duration to an all day rental. Please give us a call at (850) 978-3060 or check out our website for more information.
Parasailing is one of the most popular activities for tourists and locals in Destin, Florida. Fun and safe for the family and a perfect way to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, etc. Similar to Helicopter and Airplane rides, parasailing is an awesome activity to get a bird’s eye view of the coast! Xtreme H2O Sports and Destin Parasailing are rated #1 in Northwest Florida for the safest and most fun parasailing. Our experienced parasail Captains and crew have perfect record for safety with the best equipment available. We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions below and hope this helps make the decision to fly with Xtreme H2O Sports soon.
FAQ about Parasailing
Parasailing is a multi-passenger ticketed activity. Please give us a call at (850) 978-3060 or make reservations online. Parasailing is very popular and we do book up, we recommend making reservations before you are in town so you have the best time for your group. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy to allow you to change plans if needed before the reservation. Please click here for more information on Parasailing in Destin, Florida. Hope to see you soon!
Destin and surrounding areas in Northwest Florida have become popular tourist destinations for year-round travel due to moderate temperatures in the “off-season” and easy travel for Southeast vacationers. While summer is definitely the busiest time for the Emerald Coast, spring break and fall break are also great times to visit and offer cooler temps, less crowds and often lower prices! Fall break is a gap on school calendars usually scheduled in October bringing families and college kids to the area for one last hoorah before the holidays. We welcome our fall break visitors and hope to see you on the water with Xtreme H2O Sports, as we are open all year!
October is commonly referred to as the favorite month of the year among locals and returning guests to the panhandle. Fewer crowds and less traffic offer better opportunities to sightsee along the coast. The slower season often means lower prices for accommodations and activities and definitely shorter lines shopping and dining! The weather is perfect with cooler evenings yet the water is still warm enough to enjoy swimming pools and the Gulf of Mexico.
Xtreme H2O Sports appreciates the surge in business that comes with fall break and invites travelers to take advantage of lower rates during the off-season but the same fun activities that are offered all year! Our team of locals came up with a list of “must dos” for you and your family to enjoy fall break:
Fall Break Bucket List for Families
- Destin Fishing Rodeo – Join in the festivities October 1-31st for the 73rd Annual Destin Fishing Rodeo, a month-long fishing tournament celebrated on the Destin Harbor. Book a fishing charter or participate every day as a spectator at the weigh-ins on the docks.
- Crab Island – No trip to Destin, Florida is complete without seeing Crab Island. Rent a boat and hit up the most popular tourist destination in the panhandle. Be sure to pack your cooler, towel and sunscreen and picnic for a fun day on the water. Water is still warm enough to enjoy snorkeling and swimming, so bring the floats and enjoy soaking in the sun!
- Rocktober – Harborwalk Village hosts several concerts free to the public every Saturday in October at 7 PM followed by fireworks at 9 PM. Enjoy fun, family festivities on the docks to include dinner as well at one of their awesome waterfront restaurants.
- Museums – Destin and the surrounding areas are rich with local history that are displayed at Destin Fishing Museum, Indian Temple Mound Museum, the Gulfarium and Air Force Armament Museum. Especially great activities to explore on rainy or cooler days at the beach!
- Sunset – Our autumn sunsets are the best as the sun sets over the water this time of year. Enjoy a sunset cruise, dine on the harbor and/ or a walk on the beach to capture these beautiful sunsets and don’t forget your camera! Book a professional photographer to remember forever.
- Amusement rides – Family go-kart racing, bumper boat spraying and mini-golf tournaments offered at the Track in Destin, Florida. The park is conveniently located, clean and the staff is awesome!
- Parasailing Destin – Get the best view of the beach parasailing with the family. Take advantage of lower prices in shoulder season for this exciting coastal activity. Fun and safe for all, ages 6 and over (spectators on boat are welcome age 3 and up). Parasailing can be enjoyed all year with take-off and landing directly on the boat so getting wet is entirely up to you!
- Art Festivals – Destin attracts artists and enthusiasts from all over the world every October for annual events; Artsquest Fine Art Festival and Mattie Kelly Art Foundation’s Festival of the Arts.
- Jet Ski Experience – Explore Destin by water on Jet Skis. Ride throughout the Choctawhatchee Bay, the Destin Harbor and East Pass to discover Okaloosa Island, Norriego Point, Crab Island and more. Jet Skis are easy and safe to operate and a blast to ride! Xtreme H2O Sports has 2 locations offering rentals. Check out their exciting Dolphin Tour via Jet Skis scheduled daily with one of our crew guiding the group.
- Hiking – Autumn is celebrated for the change of seasons and Destin and surrounding areas have awesome trails and parks to experience…off the beaten path. Check out Henderson State Park in Destin and click here to view several other hiking destinations close by.
Pack your bags and head to Destin this month and check out Autumn at the beach!
Plan your Bachelorette Party at the beach! What better excuse for a girl’s trip to beautiful Destin, Florida. It’s become quite popular for brides-to-be and her family and friends to celebrate coastal style. Xtreme H2O Sports in Destin and Fort Walton Beach offers Pontoon Boat and Jet Ski Rentals for the ultimate party on the water! Offering a Double Decker Pontoon Boat with slide as well as standard, 24′ Pontoon Boat for up to 12 people. Plan a day on the water with your favorite ladies to celebrate this exciting time.
Pack a cooler with your favorite snacks and beverages, order fun floats and decorations and decide a theme to coordinate outfits for perfect photo ops! Many groups reserve multiple Pontoon Boats to accommodate big groups and we are happy to quote package pricing for Pontoon Boat, Jet Ski and Parasailing.
And, let’s not forget the guys – Bachelor parties at the beach are the best way to getaway with the guys and celebrate before the big day.
Call (850) 978-3060 for more information and check us out online at www.XtremeH2O.net. In addition, to helping with securing a fun and safe day at Crab Island, we are happy to recommend local accommodations, restaurants, party bus/ taxi service, spas and more!