It’s Back to School time for the kids and playtime for the adults! Most lodging accommodations companies and hotels have lower rates as families are unable to travel. Making it the perfect time for adult travel. Plan that girls trip, wedding celebration getaway or romantic weekend for two. Whether it’s a long weekend at the beach or a week-long vacation; autumn is an excellent time to travel to Destin, Florida.
Fall is perfect for that Bachelorette/ Bachelor Party Weekend or an adults-only couples trip as the weather is still great for the beach and rates are less expensive for boat rentals and other activities to enjoy. We’ve compiled some great ideas to celebrate Destin as adults this Fall:
- Rent a pontoon boat to explore Destin by water. Explore the Destin Harbor, hang out at Crab Island and enjoy lunch on the water. Our favorites to visit are Dewey Destin on the Bay (next to Destin Marina and Xtreme H2O’s Crab Island location) where you can dock your boat while dining. The Gulf on Okaloosa Island is also a great waterfront restaurant with a beach to pull up your boat while having some drinks and snacks.
- Check Parasailing off your bucket list! Get a bird’s eye view of the coast, hundreds of feet in the air flying over the beach. Parasailing is fun and safe for all ages and the experience will make memories to last a lifetime. Perfect for celebrating proposals, birthdays or just life- yolo! Oftentimes parasailing you see dolphins, sea turtles, baby sharks and more.
- September – November delivers the most spectacular sunsets daily over the water in Destin. Schedule professional beach portraits or bring a tripod and take some shots yourself!
- The Destin Fishing Rodeo spans the entire month of October along the docks of the Destin Harbor. 2021 marks the 73rd year for the annual fishing tournament. Book a fishing charter with Xtreme Fishing Charters to enter the tournament yourself and find out why Destin is coined the “World’s Luckiest Fishing Village”! If you’re not really into fishing, join the festivities as a spectator at the weigh-ins daily on the docks.
- Destin offers a lot of great events during Fall in the local area, here is a list of several popular happenings coming up:
- Emerald Coast Powerboat Week and Poker Run – September 22-26th. Annual boating event hosted by Florida Powerboat Club along the coast from Destin to Pensacola with waterfront stops along the way. Join the festivities as a registered boat or as a spectator at many of the weeklong events!
- 73rd Annual Destin Fishing Rodeo – October 1-31st Join the tournament as an angler or watch the daily events on the docks when the fish come in to weigh.
- 13th Annual Baytowne Wharf Beer Festival – October 8-9th Taste over 200 domestic and international craft beers at the Village at Baytowne Wharf at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. Click here for tickets
- 33rd Annual ArtsQuest Arts Festival – October 9th Hosted by the Cultural Art’s Alliance of Walton County bringing over 200 artists, music and catering to Grand Boulevard every Fall along the coast.
- 26th Annual Festival of the Arts – October 30-31st presented by Mattie Kelly Art’s Foundation. The Festival of the Arts, one of the Southeast’s premier art festivals showcases over 65 premier artists plus collaborative artists from the United States and Europe.
- 5th Annual Harvest Wine and Food Festival – November 4-7th organized by the Destin Charity Wine Auction in Watercolor, along the beaches of 30A in South Walton County, just East of Destin.
Make plans to visit Destin this Fall and see why the locals say it’s the best time of the year! Xtreme H2O Sports offers watersports all fall and hopes to see you for some fun on the water, in the sun.